There are never enough hours in the day, right? That’s why we’re making it easy for you, our nonprofit friends, to participate in Giving Tuesday – A metro-wide, do good takeover, powered by SHARE Omaha.
Your nonprofit organization won’t want to miss 2019’s Giving Tuesday on December 3. SHARE Omaha will bring the international movement home with GivingTuesday402.org and GivingTuesday712.org.
To make the day even bigger, this year 24 Hours of Impact will take place on Giving Tuesday. Lutheran Family Services (coordinator of 24 Hours of Impact), the Omaha Community Foundation (Omaha Gives! and Pottawattamie Gives!), the Pottawattamie County Community Foundation and SHARE Omaha are collaborating to unite the metro for a do good takeover. See our Giving Tuesday FAQs for details about how we are working together.
Metro-wide, givers will contribute an act of real-life good – throughout our cities and into our world with #GivingTuesday402, #GivingTuesday712 and #24HoursofImpact. Volunteering, donating, and surprising someone with kindness – a legion of Do Gooders will put positivity out there. Watch it take over!
Because our actual mission is to help you fulfill yours, we will provide you with the tools for a successful Giving Tuesday campaign. Just mold them to fit your goal – whether it’s donations, increased awareness or volunteerism.
3 STEPS TO MAXIMIZING GIVING TUESDAY
- The registration deadline for Giving Tuesday 2019 is November 14th, 2019.
- If you are offering a 24 Hours of Impact volunteer opportunity on Dec. 3, this participation form also registers your org for 24 Hours of Impact.
STEP 2: Update your SHARE Omaha profile.
- Plan to request Giving Tuesday donations? Include text in the “Interesting Info” section about how you’ll use the money.
- Want to recruit new volunteers? Make sure your volunteer opportunities reflect your needs.
- Will you ask for goods? Add them to your wish list.
- Holding a Giving Tuesday event? Put it on your profile.
- Let your supporters know how they can help you on Dec. 3!
- Use our graphics and tips to fill your marketing calendar with creative requests for support.
- Spread the word about #GivingTuesday402 and #GivingTuesday712 and encourage your supporters to participate.
Thanks for all the good YOU do each day! We are here to support and cheer for you. Please connect with Mary for guidance.
The SHARE Omaha team