the power of all
All ways of doing good bring us closer to a better future that awaits us.
You are empowered to do. Spread kindness, surprise with generosity, see a need and work to fill the gap. However you choose to do good for #GivingTuesday712, give it your all.
How can you do good? Be creative. Every act of generosity matters.
Be a Bright Light
- Light your home in purple in support of #GivingTuesday712 or
- Wear festive purple attire on December 1st
- Chalk your sidewalks or paint your windows with messages supporting #GivingTuesday712
- Encourage your business to change it’s marquee to a message supporting this local giving day
- Hang posters and balloons to announce your participation in #GivingTuesday712
- Utilize social media graphics and profile frames (coming soon)
- Take action and tag us at @SHAREomaha to invite others to join
- Search SHARE Omaha to find a cause that matters
- Buy a ticket to a fundraising event, or host your own event to raise funds
- Hold a workplace giving campaign
- Encourage your business to donate a percent of sales (of an item or the whole day) to your favorite cause
Ideas for Volunteering
- Find volunteering opportunities – in-person or virtual – at SHAREomaha.org
- Donate your skills to a cause that matters to you
- Host a volunteer activity at your work, benefiting a nonprofit, for staff and customers
- Encourage your company to announce a Volunteer Time Off (VTO) plan for 2021
Host a Collection Drive
- Collect items nonprofits need (ex. diapers, books, school supplies, personal hygiene products, blankets, etc)
- See and shop what nonprofits need at SHAREomaha.org/shopforgood
Ideas for Acts of Kindness
- Surprise friends or strangers with an act of kindness in honor of #GivingTuesday712
- Share a charity’s social posts to help them reach more people
- Write notes of encouragement to students, seniors and essential workers
- Deliver treats or meals to clients, neighbors, essential workers and those in need
- Get creative! Any act of good moves us all toward a better future.